15 October 2008

Treviso

I miss Italy, and I'm envious of those who are seeing it in all its autumnal beauty. The blogs I follow of expats living in Italy are full of beautiful autumn leaves right now. Lucky for us, State College is vividly in autumnal glory, as well. We are appreciating the crisp air and the turning leaves. One thing the East Coast absolutely has over the West Coast is fall. Since it's my favorite season, I am appreciating being here right now.

It helps that I get my fill of Italy pics online. A photoblog I follow has been featuring some gorgeous pieces from the photographer's trip to Italy (he's an Aussie). My favorite is a shot from Treviso, of the Treviso Canal. It is definitely on the to-visit-next-time list, just because of his pics from there. Bellisima! The full blog is seriocomic.com, and he (Mike Hudson) does a nice service in providing the Photoshopping (or adjustments to RAW images) he's done to each pic, as well. The RSS Feed is reliable and provides a nice photo at the top of my reading each day :)

1 comment:

seriocomic said...

Hi Hillary - thanks for the nice words. Just a quick note that the first link to the image is a cached version - http://seriocomic.com/photos/treviso-canal is the 'permalink' to the shot you referenced :)

Works Cited

Fiona Wild, ed. Eyewitness Travel Rome (London: Dorling Kindersley Limited, 1993), 2007 edition.

Hawthorne, Nathaniel. The Marble Faun. New York: Penguin Books, 1990/1860.

James, Henry. Daisy Miller. New York: Penguin Books, 2005/1878.

Powers, Alice Leccese. Italy in Mind: An Anthology. Toronto: Vintage Books, 1997.

Steves, Rick. Rick Steves' Italy 2007. New York: Avalon Travel Publishing, 2006.