26 May 2008

Siena: My New Favorite Place in Italy

My new favorite place in Italy is Siena. I fell in love with this city. I want to go there every year. I want to see the race for the Palio. It is also in one of the prettiest parts of Tuscany, the hilly Chianti region. Here’s a slideshow of some of my pictures from Siena:



Do you see why I love it so? I also had kiwi gelato, adopted some scarves, visited a winery, and had a scrumptious meal for two-and-a-half hours with a lovely, gracious host. If you go to Tuscany, a visit to Siena is a must.

No comments:

Works Cited

Fiona Wild, ed. Eyewitness Travel Rome (London: Dorling Kindersley Limited, 1993), 2007 edition.

Hawthorne, Nathaniel. The Marble Faun. New York: Penguin Books, 1990/1860.

James, Henry. Daisy Miller. New York: Penguin Books, 2005/1878.

Powers, Alice Leccese. Italy in Mind: An Anthology. Toronto: Vintage Books, 1997.

Steves, Rick. Rick Steves' Italy 2007. New York: Avalon Travel Publishing, 2006.