09 May 2008

Money Matters

In considering the path of the Euro and the dollar over the past couple of months, I came across this excellent summary:

http://www.x-rates.com/d/EUR/USD/data120.html

The dollar is not doing well. If one were economically inclined, it might be interesting to keep an eye on this over time. I'll post on it periodically--we'll see how the dollar fares over the next 7 weeks.

In the other sense of economy, I wish my packing were illustrating more of it. The medicine cabinet in my suitcase says I'm being frugal (the dollar isn't worth much, remember?) but my back might complain by the end of the day on Monday.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

At the end of your trip you can just keep your leftover euros as an investment.

Works Cited

Fiona Wild, ed. Eyewitness Travel Rome (London: Dorling Kindersley Limited, 1993), 2007 edition.

Hawthorne, Nathaniel. The Marble Faun. New York: Penguin Books, 1990/1860.

James, Henry. Daisy Miller. New York: Penguin Books, 2005/1878.

Powers, Alice Leccese. Italy in Mind: An Anthology. Toronto: Vintage Books, 1997.

Steves, Rick. Rick Steves' Italy 2007. New York: Avalon Travel Publishing, 2006.